SplashWoW Forum
Welcome to the Splashgame Forum. Please login or register to view and post on the Forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SplashWoW Forum
Welcome to the Splashgame Forum. Please login or register to view and post on the Forums.
SplashWoW Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ladies and Gentlemen, Splashgames.
[Combat] My way of playing comat rogues EmptyThu Aug 29 2013, 18:23 by Yahiko

» IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE
[Combat] My way of playing comat rogues EmptyWed Feb 13 2013, 23:35 by Saren

» The scattered members
[Combat] My way of playing comat rogues EmptyThu Feb 07 2013, 11:42 by Ronam

» The scattered members
[Combat] My way of playing comat rogues EmptyThu Aug 30 2012, 23:51 by Yahiko

» Hey There !!
[Combat] My way of playing comat rogues EmptyMon Oct 24 2011, 03:27 by Phone

» What is hapening
[Combat] My way of playing comat rogues EmptyThu Aug 11 2011, 15:13 by JooZeppi

» Well i figured since there is one for pallys, why not warriors?
[Combat] My way of playing comat rogues EmptySun Jul 24 2011, 05:09 by Phone

» News So Far
[Combat] My way of playing comat rogues EmptySat Jul 02 2011, 05:24 by Saren

» [Store] JooZeppi's Workshop
[Combat] My way of playing comat rogues EmptySun Jun 26 2011, 02:03 by Vivira

Poll
Statistics
We have 203 registered users
The newest registered user is abryjaid

Our users have posted a total of 768 messages in 80 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 76 on Mon Apr 12 2021, 02:12

[Combat] My way of playing comat rogues

4 posters

Go down

[Combat] My way of playing comat rogues Empty [Combat] My way of playing comat rogues

Post  h4wk Tue Nov 16 2010, 20:15

Right. If it comes to a combat rogue you WILL want to equip axes since you can spec into getting a chance for additional swings. if youre trying to rush someone down in one or tro combos as i prefere you will want those swings.

I use to start off in stealth (duh) sprint, and get a cheap shot onto my target. once the stun is applied i use Killing spree to get a significant burst onto my target. Depedning on the Situation i either use malicious blade (might be wrong, using german client and translating myself) to apply deadly poisons or i blind my target vanish and hop into stealth to re-open with a garrote or an ambush.

For the main hand i recommend instant poison for the additional burst while the offhand goes Deadly Poison to be applied with malicious blade, for the finisher Envenom to become good.

If you got the cheap shot killing spree onto your target you will have multiple choices depending on the situation.

Case 1 : Target wasnt prepared for the burst, low health. i highly recommend to use blind and get extra attacks from the back. it is your choice whether to apply rupture, envenom or Kidney shot as finisher.

Case 2 : Target was prepared and didnt take too much burst damage. In this case (Paladin f.e) the best thing to do is to vanish. then you just start off with a garrote for silencing purposes and throw your moves.

Case 3 : The target is dead. Good job.

If fighting an OP class (such as mage or lock) you will not want to be unsealthed more than a second. and you will not want to start off with a cheap shot if it comes to mages. The best choice if fighting a Caster is to start off with Garrote and get as much combo points and poisons on your target as possible.
After the first Burst you will stealth no matter what, because a warlock can just faceroll drain life and a mage could blink. when in stealth you will go for your target with garrote, malicious blade and rupture.

For Trinkets, i do not have to tell you that Medallion of the Alliance/Horde + Deathbringers will are a good choice for rogues.

For Gems, i always use 2 yellow crit gems and the rest in red agility to make my metasocket work.

For poisons there are special combos you will want to use i dont know em all yet.

Melee opponent : [Main hand] instant poison, [Off hand] deadly poison.
Malicious Blade + Envenom

Hunter : [Main hand] instant poison, [Off hand] Crippling Poison.
Crippling poison slows him. Get rid of Envenom, you will want
kidney shot.

Casters : [Main hand] Mind-Numbing Poison, [Off hand] Wound Poison.
Raise the casting time, Lower the heals. Get kidney shot up whenever u can.

For your information : i do not play rogues very long and i might not be good at it but this are the best methods i have found so far.

Experiences : If you do the things above you will be able to rush down Multiple classes. I myself Downed Hunters, Mages, Priests, Locks, Ret pallys, Arms warriors and DK's.

For fighting multiple targets i recommend to sap one person while rushing down the other one.
Since sap doesnt give you too much time fighting multiple targets becomes a matter of speed.
h4wk
h4wk

Back to top Go down

[Combat] My way of playing comat rogues Empty Re: [Combat] My way of playing comat rogues

Post  Vivira Wed Nov 17 2010, 01:28

Good advice Wink
Vivira
Vivira
Staff

https://splashgame.forumotion.com/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile

Back to top Go down

[Combat] My way of playing comat rogues Empty Re: [Combat] My way of playing comat rogues

Post  Thaldan Wed Nov 17 2010, 11:22

Never played a rogue from 1 to 80, But I will keep it in mind when I finish one to 80 ^^
Thaldan
Thaldan

http://dannii7.hyves.nl/

Back to top Go down

[Combat] My way of playing comat rogues Empty ..............................

Post  Ucarious Wed Nov 17 2010, 23:48

Good guide.
Ucarious
Ucarious
Staff

https://splashgame.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  h4wk Thu Nov 18 2010, 01:45

Ucarious wrote:Good guide.

Thx Smile
h4wk
h4wk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ucarious Thu Nov 18 2010, 23:14

h4wk wrote:
Ucarious wrote:Good guide.

Thx Smile

np. xD
Ucarious
Ucarious
Staff

https://splashgame.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum